Kathy Banich | Photography
From a very young age, photographs have had a profound effect on me. Some of my earliest memories as a young girl are sitting in front of my mom’s enormous photo albums, gazing at each picture in wonderment – noticing every detail of each captured moment as well as characterizing the people pictured. This nostalgic element of reflection ignited an enthusiastic interest as a child that continues to fuel my passion for photography today.
Living adjacent to Roosevelt National Park, I find myself frequently sharing both time and space with the neighboring wildlife. The respect, trust, patience and final reward of photographing, thus archiving an instant in time between self and bird or mammal is a meditative / surreal experience which I find immense comfort in.
It’s only been recently through the support and encouragement of friends and family that I have begun to share and/ or promote my images. My work has been displayed at the:
- Glass TIPI Gallery in Ward, Colorado
- The Art House – Nederland, Colorado
- 2015 Annual Juried Exhibition at Gilpin Arts in Central City, Colorado
(where my image titled “Cunning” was awarded 2nd place)
- 2015 Boulder Parks and Open Space – “Land through the Lens” Juried Exhibit
- 2015 Visitor Center in Central City – where I was honored to be a “Featured Artist”
- 2016 Annual Juried Exhibition at Gilpin Arts in Central City, Colorado
(Where my image titled “Androynous” was awarded 2nd place)
- 2016 Juried Exhibition at the Dairy “It’s Raining Cats and Dogs” in Boulder, Colorado
- 2017 Annual Juried Exhibition at Gilpin Arts in Central City, Colorado
I feel truly blessed to be able to pursue my passion for photography – I’m both humbled and appreciative for the opportunity to display / share my work.