Free Tax Preparation
Volunteers in the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) and TCE (Tax Counseling for the Elderly)/AARP programs provide free tax preparation for people with basic tax returns, particularly those with low and limited income, individuals with disabilities, and non-English-speaking and elderly taxpayers.
IMPORTANT: What to Take with You
Boulder County Locations & Hours
Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado VITA: Koelbel Bldg., 995 Regent Drive, Room 375 (map)
- February 1–April 8, 2020
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Accessible with the RTD 209 and Stampede buses; or the Hop, Skip, Dash and FF1 (some walking required).
- Free parking in parking garage on Regent Drive.
- No appointment is necessary.
East Age Well Center (formerly, East Boulder Senior Center) TCE/AARP: 560 Sioux Dr (map)
- February 7-April 10, 2020
- Fridays 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Appointment required: call (720) 475-6639 or online at https://cotaxaide.org/ta/
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Sponsored by AARP
Need additional help? Contact us and we’ll put you in touch with the resources that best fit your needs.
Volunteers WILL Prepare
- Form 982 (limited)
- Form 1040 (1040A and 1040EZ no longer used)
- Schedules A, B, D, C-EZ, EIC, R, SE
- Schedule C (limited)
- Schedule E (limited)
- Form 1040-V
- Form 1040-ES
- Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit)
- Form 5329 (Part 1)
- Form 5405
- Form 5695 (Part 1 only)
- Form 8863 (education credits)
- Form 8880 (credit for qualified retirement savings contributions
- Form 8812 (additional child tax credit)
- Form 8888 (allocation of refund)
- Form 8889 (health savings accounts; limited)
- Form 8917
- Form 1040-X (limited)
Volunteers WILL NOT Prepare
- Schedule C with losses
- Complicated & Advanced Schedule D
- Form SS-5 (request of SSN)
- Form 8606 (non-deductible IRA)
- Form 8615 (minor’s investment income)
- Form SS-8 (determination of worker status for purposes of federal employment taxes and income tax withholding)