Story Times for Young Children
- Read, Play, Grow - Thursdays: 10:30 - 11:15 a.m. Ages ~3-5 years. Join Ms. G for stories, songs, music, dancing, action rhymes, and crafts.
- Movers and Shakers - Wednesdays 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. Ages ~0-3 years. Join Ms. G for a half hour of books, songs, bounces, action rhymes, finger plays, and lap games.
Summer Reading Program and the Summer Reading Rewards Program
- Click here to download a pdf with information about the 2014 program.
Library Resources for Kids
- Early Literacy Station or ELS.
- ELS are computers
that come pre-loaded with educational software that is geared for young
learners (ages 2-8). The computer has a touch screen, a mini-mouse, and
colorful keyboard designed for little hands so it is easy for kids to
use. It is not connected to the internet, but is loaded with over 60
education programs that cover topics like math, science, art, history,
reading and more. The ELS is located in the children's section.
- iPads We have two iPads in the children's section. Both are loaded with educational applications especially for kids.
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarden
- Books For Babies - This is a project organized by the Friends of Nederland Library. New parents can receive a free Books for Babies Gift Packet. Please either call (303) 258-1101, or stop in for more information (or to pick up your packet!).
- Homework web sites by subject
Books for Fun
- American Library Association's Notable Children's Books
- Book Sense list of best selling children's books.